43rd Annual 4-H Walkathon
Saturday, May 13, 2017,
9:30 AM -
Proceeds benefit the Saratoga County 4-H Training Center
Opening Ceremony: 10:15am
- Think about asking rela-tives, friends, neighbors, and businesses to be sponsors.
- Youth walkers through age 18 must have a signed permission slip (bottom of registration form) to walk.
- Everyone walking, including parents walking with their children, must be registered with a pledged amount of $5.00 to cover for the insurance.
- Sponsors agree to pay the participant a set amount for the Walk. Pledges must be collected and returned to 4-H Office by May 31, 2017.
- There is no rain date – come prepared for any weather.
- Drinks, snacks, and fruit will be available during registration and at the end of the walk.
- All participants must return to the registration table to get their sponsor list. Certificates will be mailed to those requesting it on the registration form.
- Crossing guards and signs will help walkers navigate the route.
- A first aid person is on duty during the walk. If assistance is required, call 281-9962.
- No pets, horses, or bicycles are permitted.
To be eligible for prizes all pledge money must be turned in by May 31, 2017
(Additional monies turned in after this date will not count toward prizes.)
- The 10 4-H members collecting the most pledge money ($100 minimum) will each receive a special gift award at Achievement Night.
- A $50 cash award will be given to the walkers ages 7 and under, 8-12 and 13-18, collecting the most pledge money.
- Teen Council sponsors an additional prize of $100 to the teen collecting the most pledge money. It will be applied to a 4-H trip of the teen’s choice.
- 3 clubs (one small, one medium, and one large club) collecting the most money will be awarded a pizza prize.
Click here for Registration Form!